Recipe For Perfect Planet Pie reads like a recipe, each 'method' using natural resources that need to be nurtured and sustained. Using cooking terms, it's a fun way to look at solutions to 'greening' the planet.
It is an excellent springboard for discussion on sustainability, cleaner alternate energy supplies and the preservation of nature.
Each detailed illustration in this hardcover book is hand painted onto silk.
Educational information on each page, listed as a 'Helpful Hint', looks directly at the conservation measures which can be implemented, i.e. reforestation, wise water usage, ocean management, solar and wind power. Additional info in the back looks at each resource more closely.
- Stunning hand painted silk illustrations.
- Stunning fold out ending.
- Child friendly extension information.
- Educational topic: sustainability, environmental studies.
- Excellent book to start follow-up investigation into sustainable energies.
- Pre-school to Year 5, however, extension information in the back of the book is suitable for children up to Year 7.
- Parents, grandparents and anyone who has a passion for this planet and its preservation.
Full-colour hardcover. Australian.
Number of pages: 32
Dimensions: 30cm x 20cm
|Author||Kim Michelle Toft|
|Dimensions||30cm x 20cm|
|Brand||Kim Michelle Toft|