Get 5% off all DIY when you buy 2 or more products in our range!
Simply use DIY5OFF during checkout.
Excludes Grolsch style glass bottles and some bulky items.
Still Spirits have developed the Top Shelf Whisky Profile Kit (Premium) in response to so many home distillers who wanted to truly hand craft their own whiskey.
Flavour notes like peat, oak, sherry, grain and fruity esters are just some of the notes that make up a whiskey. The Whiskey Profile Kit provides all the whiskey flavour notes so you can adjust the flavour profile of your whiskey to exactly match your preferences.
This kit contains 12 different Whiskey flavouring profiles and 2 adjuncts to design & build whiskey style flavoured beverages your way.
The Top Shelf Whiskey Flavouring Profile Kit comes with all the measuring equipment you will require for accurate dosing, and the included Whiskey Flavouring Profile Kit Recipe Book provides you with everything you need to formulate your own favourite evoked tastes, or experiment to create a genuinely unique taste sensation!
The comprehensive Whiskey Flavouring Profile Kit Recipe Book includes recipes to appeal to a wide range of connoisseurs. Advanced users will want to design their own whiskey flavouring completely to taste. The recipe book contains a full description of the attributes of each different flavouring note to assist with designing your own unique whiskey flavourings.
Still Spirits products allow you to easily make quality alcohol at low cost and turn it into delicious, full-flavoured, alcoholic beverages that evoke the taste of far more expensive spirits & liqueurs. When it comes to Whiskey, oak, vanillin, peat, carob, cedar and fruity esters, to name a few, make up the notes of your favourite tipple.
There are 4 base flavourings that are the foundation for all recipes, Whiskey Flavouring Profile A, B, C and D. All 4 flavourings have their own unique aromas and notes.
The Whiskey Profile Kit contains all 4 different whiskey base essences as well as the following 8 flavours and 2 adjuncts:
- Oak Cask: A distinctive rounded oak cask flavour which is a main component in most whiskies.
- Sweet Vanillin: As the name suggests, this imparts a sweet vanilla flavour often found in whiskey that has been barrel aged. It also has a slight sherry flavour.
- Peat Smoke: A strong almost pungent peat smoke flavour that is a very prominent flavour note in Scottish Whiskies.
- Astringent Notes: A sharp bitter astringent flavouring that helps add some bite to the whiskey.
- Fruity Esters: Fruity esters are prominent on the nose more than anywhere else. They add a great deal to the whiskey bouquet.
- Cereal Notes: Often described as grainy, these flavouring notes are a part of any grain spirit. This flavouring allows additional cereal notes to be added to taste.
- Carob Notes: A chocolate grain flavouring that results from the use of some mildly roasted grains and can also be contributed by some varieties of yeast during the early stages of fermentation.
- Cedar Oak: This imparts a distinctive drier oak flavouring than the oak cask flavouring and is often found in Irish style whiskey.
- Distillers Caramel: This is a stable caramel colour suitable for distilled spirit as it has a negative colloidal charge and imparts a warm golden hue to the spirit.
- Glycerine: There are two bottles supplied in this pack as this is used in every recipe and contributes smoothness and mouthfeel. It is naturally occurring in almost all whiskies.
This kit includes a syringe and pipette to make putting your flavourings together simple.
About the Company
Still Spirits is the recognised world leader in still technology, distilling products and spirit essences. With Still Spirits products you can easily make low cost alcohol and turn it into delicious, full flavoured, authentic replications of far more expensive spirits and liqueurs.
Still Spirits - the world leader in still technology, distilling products and spirit essences.
Still Spirits sprung from a small homebrew store in Wellington, New Zealand in the early 1990s. Since then it has grown both its name and the range of products produced, to be the world leader in still technology, distilling products and spirit essences. And we are proud that so many people all over the world love using our products.
With our recipes and ingredients you can reproduce just about any alcohol based drink you want, your way. You can also modify alcohol content, and add additional aromas and taste traits as well.
It's not rocket science, just a fun and easy way to make the drinks you enjoy, at a price you can afford. What's more, if you follow the easy recipe guidelines and use the right flavour sachets mixed into your spirit base, the drink you make will taste so good your friends will find it hard to believe you made them yourself!
The Still Spirits team of scientists, lab technicians and product development specialists ensure we only produce quality products and excellent ingredients, and are always finding new ways to improve the distilling process for you at home.
So for smooth and flavoursome spirits that really deliver and liqueurs that truly tempt your taste buds, get into Still Spirits and make them yourself!
Still Spirits support the safe and responsible use of alcohol.
Still Spirits is a responsible provider of spirit making products, and is committed to public safety and the responsible use of alcohol. Still Spirits also supports the observance of laws in regards to the home distillation of alcohol and the minimum drinking age in your country.
For best results, and for the sake of your health, Still Spirits recommends that you do not drink spirit at more than 40% alcohol by volume.
Note: If you consume alcohol over 60% by volume, alcohol poisoning will occur, leading to death or serious permanent injury.