Apple Slinky Machine - Amazing Apple Peeler, Corer and Slicer
A Must-Have For Every Kitchen & Canteen!
Like the name suggests, this fantastic device peels, cores & slices in one easy action, turning each apple into an exciting Apple Slinky!
Each apple ring is cut into 5mm pieces - the ideal thickness for drying in your Ezidri dehydrator and a great thickness for eating!
Kids love Apple Slinkies because rumour has it apples taste better when they've been put through the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer! You'll be amazed at how quickly your apples get eaten!
Each Apple Peeler Corer Slicer is fitted with a sturdy suction base to prevent movement and to ensure safety. Even the smallest of hands can handle it. It also pulls apart easily, making it easy to clean.
The Apple Peeler Corer Slicer is a worthy investment for anyone who has access to large quantities of apples & is looking for a way to make the preparing of apples easier, or for those looking to put the fun back into fruit! It saves you time and energy and is not just the perfect accessory for every dehydrator, but a great addition to every kitchen!
Dimensions when assembled: approximately 15cm (6") high and 38cm (15") in length
The Apple Peeler Corer Slicer is the very best of the many apple peelers available. Its suction-base instantly anchors to any smooth surface, ready to process apples. Makes perfect 5mm (¼-inch) thick slices for pies, fresh eating, freezing, dehydrating. Use it for applesauce, salads, every apple recipe imaginable. It also works for pears and potatoes. This heavy-duty machine with its dark green enamelled cast-iron base just doesn't wear out!
This machine allows you to peel, core, and slice apples in one fast and easy operation. You may also peel only, or core and slice without peeling.
Also works fine for peeling potatoes, pears, turnips. Be creative and try other fresh products such as cucumbers, carrots, beetroot & more - let your imagination go wild! Just loosen the wing nut and drop the coring/slicing blade.
Also known as "The Amazing Apple Slinky Machine", this nifty little device turns an apple into a peeled, cored, sliced "slinky" in just seconds!
How does it work?
Simply load the apple onto the holder, lock in place, and turn the handle. You'll see your kids eating more apples than you ever dreamed they would! Just producing the slinkies creates great fun!
The apple slinky machine is fitted with a sturdy suction base to prevent movement and to ensure safety. Even little hands can use it simply. It also pulls apart easily which means it's easy to clean!
Fun and easy!
• Gets kids to eat more apples.
• Apples taste better when turned into slinkies!
Try organic apples for even more vitamins!
• Unless your fruit is organic, it's advisable to peel apples before eating them. Buy organic, and you can even choose to leave the skin ON! Simply hold down the peeling arm using the lock lever, which is located at the base of the arm. You can even remove the peeling arm if you'd prefer. After all - the majority of the nutrients lay immediately below the skin surface, so why remove them?
Hard work made easy!
• Prepare apples for stewing and fruit salads.
• Takes all the hard work out of food preparation. We all know how tedious it can be to peel, slice and core half a dozen apples for a recipe.
Love dried apples? The apple slinky machine slices apples into 5mm slices, the perfect thickness for drying in your Ezidri Dehydrator! If you don't have a dehydrator yet, see our store for more information.
Perhaps you had better stock up on apples ... you won't believe how many you'll go through when you have an apple slinky machine in the house!
Need a dehydrator to go with your new Apple Peeler Corer Slicer?
Tips on using the Apple Machine
Secure the machine on a bench top/plate.
Take the sticker, if any, off the apple.
Release the shaft lever and pull the handle back.
Press the apple (stem end first) on the 3-prong fork. Be sure the item is centred on the fork.
Turn the handle to move the apple through the machine. You can stop and adjust, if you need to adjust the blade, using the wing nut.
Continue turning the handle until finished. Slide apple spiral from the core.
To remove the core, push in the shaft lever and pull back on the handle. The coring, slicing blade will eject the core.
Options - you can disengage the peeler by pulling the peeling arm downward and engage the lock lever. The lever will keep the peeling blade clear of the fruit.
Safeguards and Tips
• Blades are sharp - handle very carefully and avoid contact.
• Even though it is easy for children to use, close supervision is best to prevent them touching the blade.
• Apples that are crisp, blemish free and symmetrically shaped work the best. ONLY USE FRESH FRUIT.
• Remove stickers from the apples.
• Wash after use and dry thoroughly. A drop of vegetable oil on moving parts will insure smooth operation for next use.
• All varieties of apples work well including, granny smith, gala and pink lady. Fresh crisp apples work better than soft apples.
For picnics - take a bag of apples and an apple slinky for a quick and healthy snack.