Replacement Filters - Twin Pack - for Aquasana Countertop Water Filter
Capacity of filter cartridge: 500 gallons (approx. 6 months).
Aquasana’s twin cartridge, multi-stage filtration process uses a combination of the most effective technologies available, mechanical filtration, adsorption and ion exchange.
This patented process carefully filters out specific contaminants while allowing the natural minerals to remain, creating the healthiest, best tasting water possible.
• The "A" cartridge filters out sediment and turbidity first, tiny microscopic particles that can cause cloudiness and unpleasant taste and odour in water.
• The "A" cartridge also filters out chlorine, the most concentrated and the most competitive chemical in our water.
This allows the following stages in cartridge "B" to focus on the more difficult contaminants like lead and synthetic chemicals.
• The "B" cartridge is where the final stages of filtration take place. Lead is filtered out by a complex ion exchange process where lead ions are replaced with potassium ions.
This process is highly effective and also enhances the natural mineral balance of water.
• Potassium is one of the minerals that gives water a natural spring water taste and a neutral pH.
Next is the most challenging and possibly the most important stage, the adsorption of synthetic chemicals, like herbicides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
• The "B" cartridge is also a 0.5 micron mechanical filter effective for chlorine resistant microscopic organisms like cryptosporidium and Giardia, two common water borne parasites that can cause flu like symptoms for most, but can also be fatal to small children and the elderly.
The result is a refreshing, great tasting, healthy supply of drinking water at the convenience of your own kitchen tap for only 4 cents per litre.